–A message from Bannock County Sheriff Tony Manu–
We have been informed of phone fraudsters impersonating Bannock County Sheriff’s Office employees to issue false subpoenas and warrants.
I want the public to be aware of a few things:
• No deputy or employee of the Bannock County Sheriff’s Office will ever ask you to give them money.
• We never issue subpoenas or warrants over the phone. That is not standard protocol for our Office.
• If someone presents themselves as one of our deputies or employees and states you have a legal issue and need to pay a sum of money immediately, they are attempting to scam you.
If you are contacted by someone from the Sheriff’s Office, and you are concerned about the legitimacy of the call:
• Write down the caller’s identity, badge # and phone number, if you can.
• Let the caller know you will hang up and call right back to verify their identity.
• Call our office to verify their name and if they have indeed contacted you; do NOT call the number they provide you.
*If you call after hours, ask to speak with the patrol shift supervisor on duty.
These phone numbers are also available on our website, bannockcounty.us/sheriff.