Live Here. Play Here. Thrive Here.


624 East Center
Pocatello, ID 83201

Come On In!

Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Closed Saturday & Sunday




Information about bail bonds.


Click here to post a bond or get more information.

bail bond guidelines

Rules and regulations for bail bonds.

court application

Download a court application here.

Bond Providers

Find a local bail bond provider here.

Domestic Violence Court

About The Bannock County Domestic Violence Court

The Bannock County Domestic Violence Court program provides a simplified court process of “one family one judge”, for cases involving domestic violence, through centralized case management, victim services and rapid accountability for offenders. The criminal misdemeanor docket is a fast track court, and typical dispositions take sixty (60) days. Bannock County Courts partnered with multiple community stakeholders to build a strong domestic violence court model based on offender accountability and victim safety.

Bannock County Domestic Violence Court is funded through a grant from the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Grant Program (ICJR Program), is designed to treat domestic/sexual violence as serious violations of criminal law by encouraging collaborative partnerships among state, local, and tribal governments and courts. Bannock County was awarded the ICJR Program grant on September 17, 2019 in the amount of $499,951. Bannock County is funded under the ICJR grant from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022.

For more information on the ICJR Program through the Office on Violence Against Women, please click here. 

The Honorable Carol Tippi Jarman is the Magistrate Judge in Bannock County currently presiding over the Domestic Violence Court. Judge Jarman also handles a family court and criminal court calendar. To set a hearing on Judge Jarman’s calendar, please contact Judge Jarman’s judicial assistant, Monica, at the number below. 

Honorable Carol Tippi Jarman – Magistrate Judge
624 E. Center Street, Courtroom 320
Pocatello, Idaho  83201
Phone: 208-236-7236

Bannock County Domestic Violence Court is a collaborative effort between victim advocates, victim witness coordinators, prosecutors, public defenders, attorneys, probation, local police departments, community treatment providers and the DV Court Coordinator, to provide a coordinated judicial response and to create a safer environment for victims and children of domestic violence.

For more information about DV Court, please contact:

Kimberly Talbot, LSW, MPH
6th Judicial District Domestic Violence Court Coordinator
Phone: 208-236-7421

The Domestic Violence Court Coordinator (DVCC) supports all courts presiding over domestic violence cases in the six counties that comprise the Sixth Judicial District, including Bannock, Bear Lake, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida and Power counties.

This project is supported by Grant number 2015-WE-AX-0028 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.

Civil Protection Orders

The following is the criteria for filing a Civil Protection Order:

I. RELATIONSHIP TO THE PERSON YOU ARE FILING AGAINST: In order to apply for a Civil Protection Order, the person you are filing against (the Respondent) must be:
____ Someone you are now married to or used to be married to.
____ Someone you are related to by blood, marriage or adoption.
____ Someone you have lived with in a domestic relationship.
____ Someone you have had a child with.
____ Someone you are now dating or were dating.
____ Someone your minor child is now dating or was dating.

Note: If you want to file for a restraining order against a neighbor, an acquaintance, etc. but he or she does not fit in one of the above categories, the judge cannot grant you a Domestic Violence Protection Order. You can contact law enforcement or an attorney for other means of relief.

II. PROTECTION ORDER CRITERIA: Before the judge can issue a Civil Protection Order, you must be able to provide evidence of:
_____ Physical Injury
_____ Sexual Abuse
_____ Forced Imprisonment and/or
_____ A threat of this violence.

Note: When completing the Sworn Application for Protection Order (you are the Petitioner), you must be specific about the abuse that is occurring or has occurred in the recent past and also be specific about when the abuse occurred. If there is a history of domestic violence, you may want to briefly include a description of the violence. If guns or weapons have been used, also include that information. The judge will decide whether or not to issue a protection order based on the information you provide in the Application. If the information you provide does not meet the standard of the law, the judge will not be able to issue a Protection Order.


  • Before filing your Application, review the criteria set out above in I and II to be sure your situation meets that criteria.
  • You will be signing the Application under oath as to the truthfulness and accuracy of your statements.
  • Do not attempt to use this Application as a means of revenge or provocation.
  • Even though the Protection Order may set temporary arrangements for custody, if you have minor children together and how visitation will be structured, the issues of child custody must be settled in a separate civil action.
  • The court may decide, on a temporary basis, who will reside in the residence; however, the purpose of the Protection Order is to provide for your and/or your child/ren’s physical safety and not to evict another person from the residence.
  • The Protection Order will not provide for division of personal property or for responsibility for payment of debts. Again, these matters must be addressed in a separate civil action.

If the judge issues a Temporary Protection Order after reviewing your Application, the court will arrange for service of a copy of your Application and the Temporary Protection Order on the Respondent at no cost to you if the Respondent lives in Idaho. If the Respondent lives in another state, you will responsible for having a copy of the Application and a certified copy of the Order served on the Respondent, and you must pay the cost.

  • Service on the Respondent will be made within 24 hours if possible. Speedy service will depend on the amount and accuracy of information you can provide about the Respondent on the Information sheet.
  • The Temporary Protection Order will also contain a Notice of Hearing, advising both you and the Respondent to appear at a hearing. The hearing will be set within 2 weeks. The purpose of the hearing is to give the Respondent an opportunity to tell the court his/her side of the situation and to allow the court to decide if a Protection Order should be granted.
  • If you do not appear at the hearing, your petition will be dismissed and the Protection Order will no longer be in effect.
  • If the Respondent has been served and does not appear at the hearing, the Protection Order may be issued by default. If the Respondent appears and contests the Protection Order, you must be prepared to testify and present your evidence in court. You can bring to the hearing any person who has witnessed the violence or other evidence, such as: police reports, photographs, hospital reports, phone records or recorded messages.
  • Because you will not be able to contact the Respondent except as allowed in the Protection Order, you should carefully determine if there are circumstances that require special arrangements such as exchanging children for visitation or making arrangements for payment of bills. Be ready at the hearing to give the judge your suggestions about how these arrangements can be made.
  • Either party may have an attorney represent them at the hearing. If only one party has an attorney, the other party may request that the judge reschedule the hearing to allow him/her the opportunity to seek legal counsel.
  • Once the Protection Order is served, both parties are asked to obey the Order. Violation by either Petitioner or Respondent may result in a criminal charge being filed against that person. Violation of a Civil Protection Order is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $5,000 fine.
  • A Civil Protection Order can only be changed or dismissed by an Order signed by the judge, even if you and the Respondent are in agreement. You may want to talk to an attorney or to an advocate before asking to have the Order dismissed. If you wish to renew your Protection Order you should file your request for renewal at least a week before the current order expires.
  • The Protection Order is enforceable in all other states. (Contact the local courthouse or law enforcement agency if you need to have it enforced outside Idaho).
  • If the Respondent was arrested for the domestic violence, a criminal “No Contact Order” may have been issued before s/he was released from jail. This is not the same as the Civil Protection Order you are seeking.

Civil Protection Order Petitions can be located at:

Bannock County Courthouse
624 East Center, Room 218
Pocatello, Idaho 83201

Family Services Alliance
355 South Arthur Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83204

Resources for Victims

In criminal cases where someone has been arrested for Domestic Battery, the Victim Witness Coordinator (VWC) will contact victims to notify them of the offender’s arraignment, No Contact Order (NCO) option and direct them to local community victim services. The VWCs work with prosecution to communicate with victims of domestic violence regarding charges and sentencing.

The Victim Witness Coordinator for the Pocatello Police Department is Becky Rodriguez –  208-234-6515

The VWC for Bannock County (all cities other than Pocatello) and the city of Chubbuck is Tamela Manhart – 208-236-7280

How Do I Drop My No Contact Order?

You should enroll in and complete several of the “Safety Planning” classes before filing a petition to modify/terminate the no contact order.

The Court Requires the Following:

1. Go to the Court Services/ Misdemeanor Probation office to pick up a petition to modify/terminate a no contact order:

Court Services (Probation Office)
746 East Lander Street, 236-7083 or 236-7085

2. Take the petition and identification to the following place to have signed and notarized (you must show ID):

Beckey Rodriguez, Victim Witness Coordinator (City Coordinator) 234-6515
911 North 7th Street (Pocatello Police Department) or City Prosecutor’s office


Tamela Manhart, Victim Witness Coordinator (County and Chubbuck Coordinator) 236-7280
624 East Center (Courthouse) 1st floor Prosecutors office room 100 or 2nd floor Prosecutors Office Room 204

3. Take the signed and notarized petition to the Judges Deputy Clerk to be set for a hearing.

4. Call Family Services Alliance at 232-0742 to schedule an appointment for an intake to start “Safety Planning” (a free 8 week course).

Family Services Alliance
355 South Arthur
Pocatello ID 83204
232-0742 (during business hours)
24-hour Crisis Line 251-4357

5. The defendant may be asked to complete the DV Effects on Children class if there are minor children in the home. The defendant can register for the class with Kim Talbot, Domestic Violence Court Coordinator at 208-236-7421. Participation in the DV Effects on Children class does not guarantee the dismissal of a no contact order.

You should enroll in and complete several of the “Safety Planning” classes before filing a petition to modify and/or terminate a no contact order. In some cases, you do not have to complete all classes prior to a modification or dismissal. Attending the 8 week course does not guarantee the dismissal of a no contact order.

If you have questions please call the Domestic Violence Court Coordinator at 208-236-7421

No Contact Orders vs Domestic Violence Orders

Order is attached to a crimeOrder is civil in nature.
Order is not issued until the arraignment date or if law enforcement contact the arraignment Judge and request one. Order is issued without or without consent/request of victim.Order is issued only at the request of the victim or
parents of a juvenile.
Order can be issued (upon Judge approval) between two parties listed as suspect(s) and victim(s) in a police report.

Order can be issued (upon Judge approval) if the parties
fall under the following:

Blood relative, Married, Divorced, Dating, Share child

One year from the date of issue.Up to 14 days from date of issue.
Hearing is not automatic and only occurs at the request of either party.Order can provide temporary custody to the petitioner if requested for up to the 14 days until hearing. Parenting plan can distinguish temporary custody for duration of order.
Order is against the suspect only; it does not keep the victim from contacting the suspect. (Victim can be cited with aiding in a misdemeanor, if they willingly aid the suspect in violating the order).Order is against the respondent only; it does not keep the petitioner from contacting the suspect. (Victim can be cited with aiding in a misdemeanor, if they willingly aid the suspect in violating the order).
Order is not automatically dismissed at the request of the victim. Dismissal/modification requests (paperwork) are obtained through Court Services at 746 E. Lander. (Bannock County)Order is generally dismissed at the request of the petitioner. Dismissal/modification requests are through the Judge assigned to the case.
Generally enforceable only in the State of Idaho.Enforceable nationwide.


Helpful Information and Links

Post a Bond for someone at the Sheriff’s Office or call 208-236-7111.

Bannock County Courthouse

624 East Center
Pocatello, Idaho 83201


Providing equal access to justice, promoting excellence in service, and increasing the public’s trust and confidence in the Idaho courts.


Everything on this web site may not be complete or up to date. If you find any broken links or mistakes please email them to us. Please send us comments and suggestions.

We cannot control changes or be responsible for the content of the sites we link to.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email