Bannock County Passports
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Seattle Passport Agency has reduced its operations. The Agency is available two days a week for life/death cases; however, the rest of the week the office is closed. The passport applications that have been sent by the accepting facilities are being stored until the Passport Agency staff has returned to work. The Department of State’s re-opening plan seems to coincide with the State of Washington; therefore, staff will be returning to work in phases. Due to the Agency not processing routine passport applications, the Bannock County Clerk’s Office has suspended passport services at this time. If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-877-487-2778.
U.S. Passport Information and Requirements*
Passport applications are accepted in the Clerk’s Office, Bannock County Courthouse, Room 211.
- Passport applications are available in the Clerk’s Office and on the U.S. Department of State’s website travel.state.gov.
- Passport applicants must apply in person. No appointment is necessary. Passport applications will not be accepted after 3:30 p.m.
- Children under 16 years of age should appear with both parents. Children aged 16 or 17 should appear with at least one parent. When one or both parents are unable to appear with the child, additional requirements will apply.
Passport Books and Passport Cards
- A passport book is valid for international travel by land, sea, or air.
- A passport card can only be used to re-enter the United States by land border crossing or by sea port from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
What items do I need to apply for a U.S. Passport Book or a Passport Card?
Evidence of Citizenship
- Certified birth certificate OR
- Previous U.S. Passport, or a Naturalization Certificate, or a Citizenship Certificate
Proof of Identity
- Valid State-issued Driver’s license or Identification Card; parents’ Identification will be used for children 15 or younger OR
- Previous U.S. Passport Book or Card; or a military identification card; or a federal, state, or municipal government identification card if accompanied by other forms of valid picture id
- One recent 2” x 2” color photograph ; white background; no glasses in photo
Fee Payment – The Clerk’s Office cannot accept a debit or credit card for passport book or card payments.
- Passport Book: $110 if applicant is 16 or older; $80 if applicant is 15 or younger
Payment by Check OR MONEY Order to U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- Passport Card: $30 if applicant is 16 or older; $15 if applicant is 15 or younger
payment by Check OR MONEY Order to U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- Execution Fee: $35
PAYMENT BY CASH, DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER to BANNOCK COUNTY
Additional Services (if requested): Fees for any additional services (expedited service, priority mail delivery, file search) apply to each application
*Detailed information is available on the U.S. Department of State’s website travel.state.gov.