Juvenile Justice Department Job Openings
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
We appreciate your interest in applying
for a position as a Juvenile Detention Officer with the District VI Juvenile
Detention Center. The Center is a 16-bed facility open 24 hours per day,
365 days per year. It serves a six county area providing a secure environment
for court ordered detention of juveniles ages 12-17.
Job responsibilities include: maintaining order and discipline; providing proper supervision; modeling high standards of behavior and effective living skills; providing support and nurture; managing the center in a safe, efficient and legal manner; working effectively with residents in a group setting; helping to maintain a clean, well maintained environment, upholding professional standards and improving job skills and knowledge.
Your application will initially be reviewed for any area that might automatically disqualify you. If no problems are found, an oral review board may interview you. There will be a one-year probationary period.
As indicated, the position of a Juvenile Detention Officer is a highly responsible, sensitive assignment. Applications that are being considered for employment will be obligated to meet the minimum requirements as outlined below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to those applicants with college degrees, college credits and/or experience in a juvenile setting.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years old.
- Pass a POST physical exam. This will be done at your own expense as part of a CONDITIONAL Job Offer.
- Pass a complete background check including criminal history and polygraph exam. This will be done as part of a CONDITIONAL Job Offer. Please Review the BACKGROUND INFORMATION form.
- Must attend a three (3) week POST academy. This is mandatory for all detention officers. Training and time is paid by the Center and must be completed within first year of employment.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
To see if we have any current job openings please visit the Current Job Openings page.
Please complete the District VI Juvenile Detention
Center Employment Application and return it to the Center at 137 S. 5th
Avenue, Pocatello, Idaho.
Bannock County JJ and Detention Employment Application (Word Doc)
Bannock County JJ and Detention Employment Application (PDF)
Do not fill out the POST application or the Background information form unless you have been offered an conditional job. Thank You.
Bannock County JJ and Detention Background Information form (Word Doc)
Bannock County JJ and Detention Background Information form (PDF)
Do not fill out the POST application or the Background information
form unless you have been offered an conditional job.
Juvenile POST Basic Academy Application Packet (Word Doc)
Required NOTARY can be obtained at the Bannock County Juvenile Court Office
also located at 137 S. 5th Avenue, Pocatello, Idaho.
Please bring Drivers License or other proof of identification.