Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Task Force Goals:
- To promote a community network of effective prevention, intervention, and treatment for victims and perpetrators of domestic violence and sexual assault; and
- Examine how agencies, departments, and the courts in Bannock County respond to domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault in order to provide a coordinated community response.
- Facilitate continued cooperation and coordination among all participants in the criminal justice system and civil system who deal with domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.
- Make recommendations to agencies, departments, the courts, and others regarding improving their response to domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.
- Encourage participation in and promotion of public education regarding domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.
- Form committees to assist in planning, policy-making, goal-setting, and priority recommendations, and such other functions as the Task Force deems necessary.
- Review the progress made each year and make proposals as to what the Task Force shall try to accomplish in the next year.
- Identify and promote state and federal legislation and policies in accordance with the objectives of the Task Force.