Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Task Force Goals:
- To promote a community network of effective prevention, intervention,
and treatment for victims and perpetrators of domestic violence and sexual
- Examine how agencies, departments, and the courts in Bannock County respond
to domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault in order to provide a
coordinated community response.
- Facilitate continued cooperation and coordination among all participants
in the criminal justice system and civil system who deal with domestic violence,
stalking, and sexual assault.
- Make recommendations to agencies, departments, the courts, and others
regarding improving their response to domestic violence, stalking, and sexual
- Encourage participation in and promotion of public education regarding
domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.
- Form committees to assist in planning, policy-making, goal-setting, and
priority recommendations, and such other functions as the Task Force deems
- Review the progress made each year and make proposals as to what the Task
Force shall try to accomplish in the next year.
- Identify and promote state and federal legislation and policies in accordance
with the objectives of the Task Force.